Poole’s Page December 15th, 2016
No Mass Tomorrow
Since there is no Mass tomorrow, 12/16/16, and students in 6-8 grade have midterms, all students may wear their PE uniforms to school.
Coats for Recess
This is just a friendly reminder that the children go out to recess everyday. Please send your child to school with a coat, mittens and hat everyday to keep out the cold.
Linton Hall School Inclement Weather Policy
Now that winter is in full swing, we would like to remind our parents of Linton Hall School’s inclement weather policy. In general, LHS is guided by the Prince William County Schools inclement weather decisions. But please read carefully for specific policy differences and communication methods.
- If PWC schools are closed, Linton Hall School will be closed.
- If PWC schools have a one or two hour delay schedule, LHS will follow suit.
- 1 hr delay 9:00-9:15am Arrival; Extended day will begin at 8:00am
- 2hrs delay 10:00-10:15 am Arrival; Extended day will begin at 9:00am
- If PWC schools close early, LHS will determine a closing time and notify the school community by posting the dismissal time on the LHS website and sending a community wide email. Please check these two sources first before calling the school office. The website will be kept up to date as soon as decisions are made. Extended day will end at 5:00pm.
- If a delay occurs on a day we are scheduled for an 11:45am dismissal, there will be no school.
- If PWC cancels after school activities, all LHS after school activities are also cancelled. Extended will end at 5pm.
- All Linton Hall School parents are encouraged to subscribe to the PWC E-news. Subscribers to e-news can choose to receive closing announcements by email, text message, or both. The sign up for e-news can be found on the PWCS website at pwcs.edu, click the PWCS E-News icon in the Quicklinks.
- Our emergency system, School Messenger, will only be used if PWC schools are not is session and LHS has to make a decision in case of inclement weather.
Holiday Cheer Order Deadline Tomorrow
Share the joy of the Christmas season with gorgeous, fragrant evergreen wreaths, sprays, and centerpieces that add instant Christmas cheer to any setting. All items are shipped directly to the recipient’s door-making them the perfect gift for out of town friends and family! . Order online until Tomorrow, December 16th at www.mickmanholidaygifts.com and use the coupon code LINTONVA001 at check-out.
Kindergarten collecting for Toys for Tots
Kindergarten is collected new, unwrapped toys for Toys-4-Tots. They will be delivering the toys to the local firehouse tomorrow, December 16th. If you would like to contribute a toy there will be a collection box outside of the kindergarten classroom.
Red and Green Day/Half Day
Next Tuesday, December 20th is an 11:45am dismissal for all students. There is NO lunch served on Tuesday. The lunch menu for Monday, December 19 is Domino’s Pizza. Tuesday is also red and green day. All students are welcome to to wear Christmas colors!
There WILL be Extended day on Tuesday, 12/20/16
Please see that your child has a packed lunch if they are expecting to be in Aftercare.
Girls Winter Training
Coach Sarah Poole would like to hold winter training sessions for all girls in grades 5-8, especially those who might be interested in playing soccer in the Spring. The sessions would be held every Friday from 3:30-5pm and begin in the New Year. If your daughter is interested, please email Mrs. Poole (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Congratulations 4th Grade!
4th grade completed the FBI Safe Online Surfing program and online quiz. With an average quiz score of 95.95%, Linton Hall 4th grade is currently ranked # 1 in the nation in our class category! Way to go!
LHS Pack 1922’s 6th Annual “Keep ‘Em Warm” Coat Drive
LHS’ Cub Scouts are continuing their annual Coat Drive! Once again this year, we are teaming up with F.H. Furr and Volunteer Prince William. Collection boxes have been placed just outside the front office by the Dining Hall, as well as, down in the Little Sprouts corridor. Please feel free to drop-off your donations anytime in the collection boxes. There will be Boy Scouts taking donations on several Thursdays through December and two in January at morning drop-off, as well. They will be taking your donations until Thursday, January 12, 2017. To see the flyer with more details, please click HERE.
The PSG wishes you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We look forward to receiving your favorite recipes for the LHS Family Favorites Cookbook. Don’t forget to keep clipping those Box Tops! See you in 2017!
LINTON HALL SCHOOL COOKBOOK
There are two ways you can submit recipes: online or handwritten. For information on submitting online click HERE . Click HERE to hand write your recipe. Cookbooks will be available for purchase in the Spring; a perfect Mother’s Day gift. This is going to be a keepsake in our family and I hope yours too!
PWC POLICE RECEIVE HOLIDAY DELIGHT PURCHASES!
THANK YOU to all the families who purchased gifts for the PWC Police! On Wednesday, December 14th, several LHS 8th grade students made a special delivery to the police station on Freedom Center Blvd where 160 officers are stationed. The students met the officers coming on duty for the 4:00PM shift, and had a picture taken with them. The officers were incredibly appreciative to receive the dozens of treats and many special messages from LHS families thanking them for all they do to keep us safe in our community. The Bristow Beat was also there to cover the special delivery and we hope an article will appear soon in their publication. Thank you to everyone who purchased Holiday Delight items. We hope you enjoy every last bite and have a very Merry Christmas!
Yearbooks are Here!
Pre-ordered 2015-2016 yearbooks have already been delivered. But there are still a few extras. If you would like to purchase one, please stop by the front office. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. McGee at email@example.com.