Poole’s Page January 12th, 2017
Sharing with Friends in Extended Day
No Mass Tomorrow
There will be No Mass tomorrow, January 13th.
Friday, January 13th is a half day.
We are dismissing at 11:45 tomorrow. Extended Day is still be available until regular time. If your child is going to Extended day please send in a packed lunch for him/her.
Scantron/STAR Testing Schedule
Third and Fourth grades will be Scantron testing on the mornings of January 18th & 19th of next week. Second Grade will be Star Testing from 12:15-1:10pm in the afternoon on those days.
Sneak Peak into Our 2017-2018 School Year
On Thursday, January 19th, join us for an evening of exploring what will be next for your child. Teachers will give presentations to show parents what it will be like in your child’s grade next school year. The presentations be from 7:00pm to 8:00pm.
Friday January 20, school will be closed for the Presidential Inauguration
This past Tuesday everyone should have received re-enrollment information via email. Please complete the relevant forms and return as soon as possible to ensure placement for your student.
Parents of students in grades 6, 7, and 8. Please assist us with reminding your students to bring their chromebooks to school FULLY CHARGED.
Get ready to shout, “Opa!” The Class of 2017 is excited to bring the LHS Community “Greek Night”! Be sure to check the yellow folders next week for the scrumptious menu offerings and order form! Orders and payments will be due Wednesday, February 1st, and the pick up date at LHS will be Friday, February 10th
Cook Book Thank You
Thank you so much for all the recipe contributions! This cookbook will be a keepsake in our families and we hope in yours too. Looking forward to making some of these delicious meals and sweet desserts.
The Next Spirit Night is January 23rd at Panera in Gainesville from 4-8pm! Bring your FLYER. The more who participate, the more proceeds go back to the school!
4th Grade Bake Sale Moved
Due to the closing of school on Inauguration Day, the 4th grade bake sale has been moved to Jan. 27th.
Coats for Recess
This is just a friendly reminder that the children go out to recess everyday. Please send your child to school with a coat, mittens and hat everyday to keep out the cold.
Linton Hall School Inclement Weather Policy
Now that winter is in full swing, we would like to remind our parents of Linton Hall School’s inclement weather policy. In general, LHS is guided by the Prince William County Schools inclement weather decisions. But please read carefully for specific policy differences and communication methods.
- If PWC schools are closed, Linton Hall School will be closed.
- If PWC schools have a one or two hour delay schedule, LHS will follow suit.
- 1 hr delay 9:00-9:15am Arrival; Extended day will begin at 8:00am
- 2hrs delay 10:00-10:15 am Arrival; Extended day will begin at 9:00am
- If PWC schools close early, LHS will determine a closing time and notify the school community by posting the dismissal time on the LHS website and sending a community wide email. Please check these two sources first before calling the school office. The website will be kept up to date as soon as decisions are made. Extended day will end at 5:00pm.
- If a delay occurs on a day we are scheduled for an 11:45am dismissal, there will be no school.
- If PWC cancels after school activities, all LHS after school activities are also cancelled. Extended will end at 5pm.
- All Linton Hall School parents are encouraged to subscribe to the PWC E-news. Subscribers to e-news can choose to receive closing announcements by email, text message, or both. The sign up for e-news can be found on the PWCS website at pwcs.edu, click the PWCS E-News icon in the Quicklinks.
- Our emergency system, School Messenger, will only be used if PWC schools are not is session and LHS has to make a decision in case of inclement weather.
From Our Preschool
Our Little Sprout Bear Class enjoyed some fun winter science experiments this week as they learned about hibernation and our After School Enrichment Engineering Class built some amazing structures! Lots of love and learning happening at LHS!
Girls Winter Training Begins January 27th, 2017
Coach Sarah Poole would like to hold winter training sessions for all girls in grades 5-8, especially those who might be interested in playing soccer in the Spring. The sessions would be held every Friday from 3:30-5pm.. If your daughter is interested, please email Mrs. Poole (email@example.com)