Poole’s Page January 19th, 2017
Sneak Peak into Our 2017-2018 School Year
Tonight, January 19th, join us for an evening of exploring what will be next for your child. Teachers will give presentations to show parents what it will be like in your child’s grade for the next school year. The presentations be from 7:00pm to 8:00pm.
Friday January 20, school will be closed for the Presidential Inauguration
5th-7th Graders Scantron Testing
On Monday & Tuesday 1/23 & 1/24, 5th-7th graders will be having Scantron Testing. It is imperative that the students have their Chromebooks charged both days when they come to school! Students may wear sweats to school during testing.
Catholic Schools Week Meal Packing Service Project
Our Service Project for January during Catholic Schools week is to provide weekend meals to school aged children in Prince William County Schools. These students rely on their school to provide them with breakfast and lunch each weekend and on school breaks. Please bring in items listed HERE and place them in the boxes in the front hallway by Friday, January 27th. Our students will help pack meals on February 2nd for kids in our communities to have weekend meals.
Get ready to shout, “Opa!” in celebration of more great food from the Class of 2017! “Greek Night” menus and order forms were sent home in the yellow folders so be sure to look for check for them! Orders and payments will be due Wednesday, February 1st, and the pick up date at Linton Hall School will be Friday, February 10th. Please contact the “Cool Cuisine” rep, Mary Stern at email@example.com with questions.
Reminder of Speed Limit Around School
We have had a few near misses. For the safety of all, please travel at 5mph around the school grounds.
From Our Preschool
The Cub class had an arctic blast as they discovered how to make snow slime. A few cubs were a bit curious about the whole process. Everyone agreed the most important ingredient was the “sparkle” one and delighted in telling the teacher to add more! It was a fun experiment to watch two liquids bond together to form a solid that felt cool to the touch. All of the cubs enjoyed exploring in the snow slime.
This past Tuesday everyone should have received re-enrollment information via email. Please complete the relevant forms and return as soon as possible to ensure placement for your student.
Girls Winter Training Begins Next Friday
Coach Sarah Poole is holding winter training sessions for all girls in grades 5-8, especially those who might be interested in playing soccer in the Spring. The sessions will be held every Friday from 3:30-5pm beginning on Friday, January 27th. If your daughter is interested, please email Mrs. Poole (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The next Spirit Night is January 23rd at PANERA in Gainesville from 4-8pm! Bring your FLYER . The more who participate, the more proceeds go back to the school!
Save the date: February 7th Spirit Night at SKATE-N-FUN ZONE from 6-8pm.
Family Freeze Dance
Mark your calendars! The 3rd annual Family Freeze Dance will be Friday February 24th from 6pm-8pm! Join us for a fun evening of dancing, food and friendship! And wait until you see our raffle prizes! More info and early registration forms coming home soon. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Keep clipping those Box Tops! Please turn in all, unexpired Box Tops, by Friday February 24 to your homeroom teachers. The winning class and winning student in K-8 and also the preschool will receive a prize for their efforts! The winning student will be chosen by a cumulative total of Box Tops turned in from the beginning of the year. Helpful hints: Check to see if the Box Tops have expired. Expired Box Tops cannot be used! Participation is important! The smallest class can still win if it has more participation than the largest class- so rally your classmates and get clipping! Prizes to be announced soon!
Cook Book Thank You
Thank you so much for all the recipe contributions! This cookbook will be a keepsake in our families and we hope in yours too. Looking forward to making some of these delicious meals and sweet desserts.
4th Grade Bake Sale Moved
Due to the closing of school on Inauguration Day, the 4th grade bake sale has been moved to Jan. 27th.
Coats for Recess
This is just a friendly reminder that the children go out to recess everyday. Please send your child to school with a coat, mittens and hat everyday to keep out the cold.
Linton Hall School Inclement Weather Policy
Now that winter is in full swing, we would like to remind our parents of Linton Hall School’s inclement weather policy. In general, LHS is guided by the Prince William County Schools inclement weather decisions. But please read carefully for specific policy differences and communication methods.
- If PWC schools are closed, Linton Hall School will be closed.
- If PWC schools have a one or two hour delay schedule, LHS will follow suit.
- 1 hr delay 9:00-9:15am Arrival; Extended day will begin at 8:00am
- 2hrs delay 10:00-10:15 am Arrival; Extended day will begin at 9:00am
- If PWC schools close early, LHS will determine a closing time and notify the school community by posting the dismissal time on the LHS website and sending a community wide email. Please check these two sources first before calling the school office. The website will be kept up to date as soon as decisions are made. Extended day will end at 5:00pm.
- If a delay occurs on a day we are scheduled for an 11:45am dismissal, there will be no school.
- If PWC cancels after school activities, all LHS after school activities are also cancelled. Extended will end at 5pm.
- All Linton Hall School parents are encouraged to subscribe to the PWC E-news. Subscribers to e-news can choose to receive closing announcements by email, text message, or both. The sign up for e-news can be found on the PWCS website at pwcs.edu, click the PWCS E-News icon in the Quicklinks.
- Our emergency system, School Messenger, will only be used if PWC schools are not is session and LHS has to make a decision in case of inclement weather.