Poole’s Page January 28, 2016
Stay Warm and Toasty this weekend.
Catholic Schools Week is here!
Activities for Catholic Schools Week begins this Sunday, January 31st, with and Open House at 1pm. Please share our open house information with your friends and neighbors.
All students are also asked to wear their dress uniforms to church on Sunday. Please email Mrs. Poole if they do. firstname.lastname@example.org
It will be followed by a week full of fun activities for students. Please click here for further dates and information.
School Re-registration Deadline Extended
Due to the inclement weather we experienced this past week, the re-registration deadline has been pushed back to February 5th, 2016.
Report Cards and Conferences
The 2nd quarter is winding down quickly and will end on January 29th. Report cards will be coming home on Friday, February 5th. Conferences will be upon request by the parent or teacher. They can be scheduled for either Wednesday, Feb. 10th from 3:30pm to 5:00pm, or Friday, Feb. 12th from 12:3opm to 3:30pm. Please email your child’s teacher to schedule a conference.
For 3rd-8th grade students: the Parent Portal will be closed beginning tomorrow (1/29) through next Friday (2/5) for printing report cards.
Science Fair will go Ahead as Planned
Science Fair will be happening on Wednesday, February 3rd and volunteers are needed to help judge the fabulous projects to be presented this year. If you are interested in becoming a judge, please click on the following link to sign up. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d44a8ab28a0fa7-linton
Check out Bristow Beat
In this week’s edition of Bristow Beat there is a wonderful article about Linton Hall School’s OCEW program.
Peek into 2016-2107
We have rescheduled this event for Tuesday, February 2, 2016 from 7-8pm.
Inclement Weather Policy Reminder
Linton Hall School is guided by Prince William County Schools inclement weather decisions.
- If Prince William County Schools (PWCS) are closed Linton Hall School is closed.
- If Prince William County Schools have a one hour delay Linton Hall School will have a one hour delay. Students will arrive between 9:00-9:15am. Preschool and Morning Extended will also open one hour late.
- If Prince William County Schools have a two hour delay, Linton Hall School will have a two hour delay. Students will arrive between 10:00-10:15am. Preschool and morning extended day will open two hours late.
- If a delayed opening occurs on a day when Linton Hall School has a scheduled 11:30 dismissal, school will be closed.
- If PWCS close early, Linton Hall School will determine a closing time and notify the school community by posting dismissal time on the LHS website and sending a community email. Extended day will end at 5:00pm on early dismissal days.
- If PWCS cancels after school activities, all Linton Hall School’s afternoon activities are canceled.
- Our emergency system, Honeywell instant alert, will only be used if PWCS are not in session and Linton Hall School has to make a decision in case of inclement weather.
Catholic School’s Week Meal Packing Service Project
Our Catholic School’s Week Service Project is to provide weekend meals to school aged children in Prince William County Schools who during the week rely on their school to provide them with breakfast and lunch. LHS students will help provide and pack meals for weekends for kids in our communities.
Thanks to all who have already brought in the following items to your classroom- if you haven’t had a chance to get them in due to all the crazy weather we had, please have your items to school no later than Monday 2/1. Thank you!!
- Preschool Dragonflies: 10 pack of juice boxes
- Preschool Elephants: 10 pack of juice boxes
- Preschool Honeybees: 1 box of instant oatmeal packages
- Preschool Bears: 6 pack of fruit cups or applesauce cups
- Preschool Owls: 1 box of instant oatmeal packages
- Preschool Turtles: 6 pack of fruit cups or applesauce cups
- Preschool Fish: 6 pack of non-perishable milk boxes
- Preschool Frogs: 6 pack of easy mac and cheese or chef Boyardee type microwavable meals
- Preschool Cubs: 6 pack of non-perishable milk boxes
- Kindergarten: 1 box or granola bars
- 1stgrade: 12 pack of small water bottles
- 2ndgrade: 3 apples
- 3rdgrade: 6 pack of fruit cups or applesauce cups
- 4thgrade: 1 package large brown paper lunch bags (larger than regular size to accommodate enough food)
- 5thgrade: 1 box of granola bars
- 6thgrade: 6 pack of easy mac and cheese type microwavable meals
- 7thgrade: 6 pack of chef Boyardee type microwavable meals
- 8thgrade: 6 pack of non-perishable milk boxes
We will also need volunteers to help organize all of the food donations on Tuesday, February 2nd after drop off so please meet us in the cafeteria that morning to organize!!
Our Little Sprouts
Our Pre-K classes have been learning about Vincent Van Gogh in Art. The children have been recreating his famous painting of sunflowers. We love that our art classes focus on the art experience and not the finished product. All of our Little Sprouts are budding artists♥
SAVE THE DATE: The LHS 2016 Gala will be held April 16, 2016.
- This adult only event is sure to please! Mark your calendars and be ready to have a fun evening with old friends and be prepared to make new ones, too!
- The committee is looking for VOLUNTEERS from the school community.
- Please bring your ideas and help to make this event fabulous.
- To Be Announced
Help us Win a new Playground
**Please help us WIN by entering each day through March 25th!! Enter the Healthy Playground Makeover Sweepstakes today and we could win a $30,000 grant AND a new playground for our school! Spread the Word- Anyone in the community can enter on behalf of Linton Hall School.
Are you ready to DANCE?? Join us Friday, February 26 from 6:30pm-8:30pm.
Join us and dance the winter blah’s away! Food, fun and fabulous raffle prizes! Be prepared to strike a pose in the photo booth! This promises to be the talk of the school!
Tickets for the dance and raffle prizes are on sale now!
3rd ANNUAL VARIETY SHOW – FRIDAY, MARCH 18TH
The LHS Variety Show flyer with permission form went home last week in yellow folders! Entries have started coming in, and there are only 20 of 24 slots now available. First come, first served. Performances or skits with two or more people require a permission form for each participant. This excludes siblings. Entries and permission forms are due by Friday, February 5th!
Need an extra copy? Click here.
Questions? We’ve got answers! Contact co-coordinators: Melanie Apesa (email@example.com) or Heidi Carman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2015 – 2016 Linton Hall School Annual Fund FAQs
The LHS Annual Fund is a yearly fundraising campaign that runs through June 30th which is supported by all members of the Linton Hall community, including parents, grandparents, alumni, faculty and staff, and other friends of the School.
- Where does my money go when I donate to the Annual Fund?
A. 100% of your donation goes to Linton Hall School.
- Q. What if I can only donate $25, should I bother?
Yes! We strive for 100% participation. Everyone’s contribution matters!
- Q. Are gifts to the Linton Hall School Annual Fund tax deductible?
- What projects does the Annual Fund support?
A. 100% of the funds go to the educational needs of the students.
Please give today and join in supporting Linton Hall School your child’s educational experience. To make your gift by cash or credit card, please visit the Business Office. Checks can be mailed or dropped off to the Business Office. Please include “annual fund” in the reference section of the check.
Hoops for Heart Campaign
Hello Parents and Students,
The official kickoff for this years Hoops for Heart fund raiser will start on February 1st and run until the 29th. We are mainly doing an online donation but you will also have flyers sent home with information about the American Heart Association. It says Hoops for Heart, when you register on line it will give you the option of signing up for Hoops or Jump rope for Heart. The only difference is the prize of a soccer ball verses a basketball. I have included the link to register and two videos of why the American Heart Association is important to us.
Four months after open-heart surgery, 14-year-old Gianna Schupler won two national dance titles.
Gianna dances with the Heart of a Champion…
Gianna, the Heart of a Dancer: Dance is her WHY
There is also an attachment (click here) that can help your child win prizes that will be given out at our kickoff rally during lunch on the 28th of January.
Thank you for helping out with this cause.
DON’T FORGET TO KEEP CLIPPING!! The next competition ends soon!! Don’t lose your opportunity to win fabulous prizes for yourself and your class!!
2016-2017 School Year
For planning purposes, August 24th, 2016 will be the first day for the 2016-2017 school year.
For our most recent update, visit http://lintonhall.edu/follow/lynx-blog/.
Before you head out Holiday Shopping, don’t forget to link your Giant, Harris Teeter and Target Red cards to our school…LINTON HALL EARNS $$$$$ just by doing something that you are already doing!
GIANT AND HARRIS TEETER only give money back on their store brands; if you don’t have brand loyalty shop their items. They are usually less expensive and some taste even better than the brand name of the same product!
And who doesn’t love shopping on AMAZON this time of year? Just click on the link, shop all you want and LHS will receive cash back! YOU MUST USE THE LINK BELOW IN ORDER FOR LHS TO RECEIVE $$$! Don’t worry, purchases and purchasers are not disclosed!
Click Here to get started today!
**Added bonus: Red Card holders save 5% on their total purchase every time they shop!**
***Beginning in March 2016, Target will no longer be giving cash to schools for Red Card holders, but until then, when ever you shop at Target and use your linked Red Card, Linton Hall School receives a percentage. So while you are doing some post holiday shopping, don’t forget to link your Red Card and earn our school some $$!