Poole’s Page January 5th, 2017
No Mass Tomorrow
Due to unpredictable weather, there will be No Mass tomorrow, January 6th.
LINTON HALL SCHOOL COOKBOOK
Attention all parents!! We are still looking for cookbook recipes. The deadline for submission is TOMORROW, Jan. 6th. Please submit yours TODAY to be a part of LHS history. For information on submitting online click HERE . Click HERE to hand write your recipe. Cookbooks will be available for purchase in the Spring; a perfect Mother’s Day gift. This is going to be a keepsake in our family and I hope yours too!
Monday, January 9th is Spirit Day. Show your school spirit and break out your Spirit Gear!
OCEW Next Week
Upper School OCEW will be on Tuesday January 10th. Lower School OCEW will be on Wednesday, January 11th. Please be sure to send your child to school dressed in layers with a warm jacket, hat and gloves. They will be going outside unless there is a downpour of rain.
Friday, January 13th will be a half day.
We will be dismissing at 11:45. After School Extended day will still be available until regular time. If your child is going to stay with us in Extended day please send in a packed lunch for him/her.
4th Grade Bake Sale Moved
Due to the closing of school on Inauguration Day, the 4th grade bake sale has been moved to Jan. 27th.
Sneak Peak into Our 2017-2018 School Year
On Thursday, January 19th, join us for an evening of exploring what will be next for your child. Teachers will give presentations to show parents what it will be like in your child’s grade next school year. The presentations be from 7:00pm to 8:00pm.
Friday January 20, school will be closed for the Presidential Inauguration
Leo Club Canned Food Drive
A Big Thank You from the Leo Club to everyone who participated in the Canned Food Drive. The House of Mercy was thrilled to receive the food!
Coats for Recess
This is just a friendly reminder that the children go out to recess everyday. Please send your child to school with a coat, mittens and hat everyday to keep out the cold.
Linton Hall School Inclement Weather Policy
Now that winter is in full swing, we would like to remind our parents of Linton Hall School’s inclement weather policy. In general, LHS is guided by the Prince William County Schools inclement weather decisions. But please read carefully for specific policy differences and communication methods.
- If PWC schools are closed, Linton Hall School will be closed.
- If PWC schools have a one or two hour delay schedule, LHS will follow suit.
- 1 hr delay 9:00-9:15am Arrival; Extended day will begin at 8:00am
- 2hrs delay 10:00-10:15 am Arrival; Extended day will begin at 9:00am
- If PWC schools close early, LHS will determine a closing time and notify the school community by posting the dismissal time on the LHS website and sending a community wide email. Please check these two sources first before calling the school office. The website will be kept up to date as soon as decisions are made. Extended day will end at 5:00pm.
- If a delay occurs on a day we are scheduled for an 11:45am dismissal, there will be no school.
- If PWC cancels after school activities, all LHS after school activities are also cancelled. Extended will end at 5pm.
- All Linton Hall School parents are encouraged to subscribe to the PWC E-news. Subscribers to e-news can choose to receive closing announcements by email, text message, or both. The sign up for e-news can be found on the PWCS website at pwcs.edu, click the PWCS E-News icon in the Quicklinks.
- Our emergency system, School Messenger, will only be used if PWC schools are not is session and LHS has to make a decision in case of inclement weather.
From Our Preschool
Our Little Sprout Turtle and Fish Classes love their new floor for the New Year!!
Next PSG Meeting
The PSG will be meeting Thursday, January 12th from 8:30-10:30am. All are welcome!
Girls Winter Training
Coach Sarah Poole would like to hold winter training sessions for all girls in grades 5-8, especially those who might be interested in playing soccer in the Spring. The sessions would be held every Friday from 3:30-5pm and begin in the New Year. If your daughter is interested, please email Mrs. Poole (firstname.lastname@example.org)
LHS Pack 1922’s 6th Annual “Keep ‘Em Warm” Coat Drive – Officially Ends Thursday, January 12th!
Pack 1922’s Coat Drive is coming to an end on Thursday, January 12th! As you know, we have teamed up again with F.H. Furr and Volunteer Prince William, and this will be your last chance to clean out all your gently-used winter coats, snow bibs, hats, gloves/mittens, scarves, and boots! Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to make a difference in our community and to those in need! Collection boxes have been placed just outside the front office by the Dining Hall, as well as, down in the Little Sprouts corridor. Please feel free to drop-off your donations anytime in the collection boxes. Cub Scouts will be taking donations at morning drop-off on the 5th and 12th of January. We will be taking your donations until Thursday, January 12, 2017. To see the flyer with more details, please click HERE.
Yearbooks are Here!
Pre-ordered 2015-2016 yearbooks have already been delivered. But there are still a few extras. If you would like to purchase one, please stop by the front office. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. McGee at email@example.com.