Poole’s Page January 11th, 2018
Early Dismissal Tomorrow
School will dismiss at 11:45am tomorrow, Friday, 1/12 for the Martin Luther King weekend. If your child will be staying for Aftercare please send in a packed lunch. Hot lunch will not be served.
No School Monday January 15th (Martin Luther King Day) and Tuesday January 16th (Teacher Work Day)
Peek into 2018-2019 on Thursday, January 18 6:30pm
This is a great opportunity for our Kindergarten through 7th grade parents to visit next school year’s classroom and hear from the teacher. Please join us!
From Our Little Sprouts
Wanna’ Build a Snowman?! Our PreK Fox Class had a blast building indoor snow people!!
Purchased Drop off/Dismissal Spots
Every year we present for auction several prizes. One of these prizes is a Reserved Priority Parking Space. This space is reserved for the present year’s family to be able to park at the beginning of the car line during Drop off and Dismissal.
Jan Brett Competition
Items Needed for 2 Upcoming School Murals:
We are asking each student and staff member to send in each of the following by Jan. 17/18 for our upcoming school murals:
- Use the leaf pattern sent home on 1/9 to cut out and decorate to represent your family for our “Family Tree” mural- make it colorful and creative, include your family name and family photo
- Send in a 4×6 photo of your child with a BIG SMILE for our “Be the Reason Someone Smiles” mural
Catholic Schools Week Meal Packing Service Project:
Our service project for January to tie into Catholic Schools Week is to provide weekend meals to school aged children in Prince William County Schools who during the week rely on their school to provide them with breakfast and lunch. They do not have access to reliable food during the weekend and on school breaks. LHS students will help provide and pack meals on Feb. 1 for kids in our communities to have weekend meals. We are asking each student to please bring in the following items to your classroomby Jan. 17/ Jan. 18:
- Preschool PreK Frogs (16): 10 pack of juice boxes
- Preschool PreK Elephants (15): 10 pack of juice boxes
- Preschool PreK Honeybees (16): 2- 6 packs of easy mac and cheese microwavable meals
- Preschool PreK Fox (16): 2- 6 packs of chef Boyardee type microwavable meals
- Preschool 3-day Bears (11): 2- 6 packs of fruit cups or applesauce cups
- Preschool 3-day Owls (11): 2 boxes of instant oatmeal packages
- Preschool 3-day Turtles (13): 6 pack of fruit cups or applesauce cups
- Preschool 2-day Fish (11): 2- 6 packs of non-perishable milk boxes
- Preschool 2-day Cubs (11): 12 pack of small water bottles
- Kindergarten (19): 1 large box or granola bars
- 1st grade (22): 12 pack of small water bottles
- 2nd grade (15): 2 boxes of instant oatmeal packages
- 3rd grade (16): 6 pack of fruit cups or applesauce cups
- 4th grade (20): 1 package large brown paper lunch bags (larger than regular size to accommodate enough food) and 6 pack of fruit cups or applesauce
- 5th grade (22): 1 large box of granola bars
- 6th grade (17): 2- 6 packs of easy mac and cheese microwavable meals
- 7th grade (16): 2- 6 packs of chef Boyardee type microwavable meals
- 8th grade (11): 2- 6 packs of non-perishable milk boxes
Winter Coat Drive
Last few days!! Please help Linton Hall School’s Cub Scout Pack 1922 share the warmth! Now through January 18th, Pack 1922 will be holding a Coat Drive. Coats donated will be taken to the F.H. Furr/Volunteer Prince William “Keep ‘Em Warm” drop off location. Hats, mitten, gloves and scarves will also be accepted. There are boxes located in the Lobby and Preschool entrance to receive your donations at any time.
Every time you shop on Amazon using our link, LHS will receive a 10% donation from Amazon. We won’t know who made purchases or what they ordered, the school just gets a check each quarter. So easy! Please shop by clicking on our link: https://www.amazon.com/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl2&tag=linhalsch-20&linkId=90f03dd20b8a2f7975d4ff2c16a654bc