Poole’s Page January 18th, 2018
Mass has been cancelled for tomorrow, Friday, January 19 as Father Mike Hann is recovering from the flu.
Peek into 2018-2019 on Tonight, January 18 6:30pm
This is a great opportunity for our Kindergarten through 7th grade parents to visit next school year’s classroom and hear from the teacher. Please join us!
Parent Portal Closes
Tomorrow, 1/19, Parent Portal will be closed.
8th Grade Bake Sale Tomorrow, 1/19, during lunch
Cervical Cancer Awareness Month
In support of Cervical Cancer Awareness Month, please wear teal + white on Monday, January 22, 2018! Please donate $1.00 or more! Homeroom teachers will collect donations. Thank you!
The Student Council Association Presents Family Movie Night -Grades K-8
Get ready to enjoy some quality time with your LHS family! Our Main Feature Ratatouille will be shown in the gym on Friday, January 26th. The doors open at 6:00 pm! Lots of snacks and fun will be in store!
Spirit Nights: Thursday January 25, 2018 come out and support LHS by enjoying dinner at The Bone BBQ from 4pm-close at their Manassas location (15% will be donated back to the school). Also, Thursday February 1, 2018 enjoy lunch or dinner at Giuseppe’s in Haymarket (20% goes back to the school). It’s a half- day so lots of time to stop by and support an LHS alum and our school. Mark your calendars for the next Skate-n-Fun Zone night on February 27.
Website: Don’t’ forget to check out all the PSG news on our website at: https://lintonhall.edu/parents/
Purchased Drop off/Dismissal Spots
Every year we present for auction several prizes. One of these prizes is a Reserved Priority Parking Space. This space is reserved for the present year’s family to be able to park at the beginning of the car line during Drop off and Dismissal.
Jan Brett Competition
Items Needed for 2 Upcoming School Murals:
We are asking each student and staff member to send in each of the following by Jan. 17/18 for our upcoming school murals:
- Use the leaf pattern sent home on 1/9 to cut out and decorate to represent your family for our “Family Tree” mural- make it colorful and creative, include your family name and family photo
- Send in a 4×6 photo of your child with a BIG SMILE for our “Be the Reason Someone Smiles” mural
Catholic Schools Week Meal Packing Service Project:
Our service project for January to tie into Catholic Schools Week is to provide weekend meals to school aged children in Prince William County Schools who during the week rely on their school to provide them with breakfast and lunch. They do not have access to reliable food during the weekend and on school breaks. LHS students will help provide and pack meals on Feb. 1 for kids in our communities to have weekend meals. We are asking each student to please bring in the following items to your classroomby Jan. 17/ Jan. 18:
- Preschool PreK Frogs (16): 10 pack of juice boxes
- Preschool PreK Elephants (15): 10 pack of juice boxes
- Preschool PreK Honeybees (16): 2- 6 packs of easy mac and cheese microwavable meals
- Preschool PreK Fox (16): 2- 6 packs of chef Boyardee type microwavable meals
- Preschool 3-day Bears (11): 2- 6 packs of fruit cups or applesauce cups
- Preschool 3-day Owls (11): 2 boxes of instant oatmeal packages
- Preschool 3-day Turtles (13): 6 pack of fruit cups or applesauce cups
- Preschool 2-day Fish (11): 2- 6 packs of non-perishable milk boxes
- Preschool 2-day Cubs (11): 12 pack of small water bottles
- Kindergarten (19): 1 large box or granola bars
- 1st grade (22): 12 pack of small water bottles
- 2nd grade (15): 2 boxes of instant oatmeal packages
- 3rd grade (16): 6 pack of fruit cups or applesauce cups
- 4th grade (20): 1 package large brown paper lunch bags (larger than regular size to accommodate enough food) and 6 pack of fruit cups or applesauce
- 5th grade (22): 1 large box of granola bars
- 6th grade (17): 2- 6 packs of easy mac and cheese microwavable meals
- 7th grade (16): 2- 6 packs of chef Boyardee type microwavable meals
- 8th grade (11): 2- 6 packs of non-perishable milk boxes
Every time you shop on Amazon using our link, LHS will receive a 10% donation from Amazon. We won’t know who made purchases or what they ordered, the school just gets a check each quarter. So easy! Please shop by clicking on our link: https://www.amazon.com/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl2&tag=linhalsch-20&linkId=90f03dd20b8a2f7975d4ff2c16a654bc