Lower School2nd Grade
Linton Hall School’s Lower School (K-4) provides a safe, nurturing environment where a firm foundation of academic, interpersonal, athletic, and cultural skills is built for each student. The Lower School staff plans and implements units of study that integrate content across the disciplines while using varied and differentiated instructional strategies to meet the needs of all learners.
- The language arts curriculum in the Lower School provides a balanced literacy program, encompassing guided reading, direct whole group reading instruction, and word study. The goal is to instill a lifelong love of reading and writing in our students.
- A reading specialist provides individual and small group instruction for students who need extra attention in order to develop confidence and proficiency in reading.
- The Science and Social Studies curriculums provide a flow of developmentally appropriate skills and content.
- Linton Hall School’s rural setting has provided an ideal setting for its Outdoor Conservation, Ecology and Wildlife (OCEW) program, which encourages the observation of nature and hands-on experiences to support all subject areas. Students work collaboratively to maintain the grounds, encourage recycling, and plant and maintain a variety of gardens on campus.
- Spanish, Art, and Music classes
- Formal Library class once a week
- P.E. three times a week
- Technology instruction
- Various community service opportunities encourage students to work with their families and other volunteers to develop the habit of caring and being involved.